|Release Date||Feb 10, 1995|
Bergtatt – Et eeventyr i 5 capitler (translated as "Spellbound – A Fairy Tale in 5 Chapters") is the debut studio album by the Norwegian band Ulver, issued on February, 1995 via Head Not Found. The album was recorded at Endless Lydstudio in Oslo in November and December 1994 with Kristian Romsøe as engineer and co-producer.
The album was praised for its unique atmosphere and was described as “mysterious, melancholic, eerie, and oddly tranquil.” The archaic Dano-Norwegian lyrics were greatly influenced by Scandinavian folktales and inspired by Baroque poets such as Ludvig Holberg and the hymn-writer Thomas Kingo.
1. Capitel I: I Troldskog faren vild
2. Capitel II: Soelen gaaer bag Aase need
3. Capitel III: Graablick blev hun vaer
4. Capitel IV: Een Stemme locker
5. Capitel V: Bergtatt - ind i Fjeldkamrene